Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Apology


I said I would be back Monday and it's already Wednesday. No excuses. I didn't keep my word and I am sorry for that.
I recently took the Integrity Pledge which goes as follows:

“If you make a commitment, honor it.

If you make a promise, keep it.

If you set a goal, achieve it.”

This may be something you have already mastered in your life. I have not. I have always considered myself to be a person who strives to live with integrity. But as I have been doing a lot of self-exploration and personal development, and as I have been examining my life with a magnifying glass, I have found a lot of ways in which I fall short.

It's hard to look at and change. It's uncomfortable. It causes me to feel guilty and inadequate sometimes. Which then gives me the chance to offer myself love and kindness and acceptance, along with a gentle push toward improvement. I can already see how even trying to improve has made a big difference in my life. So, I'm looking at it. Working on it. Experiencing growing pains. Feel free to call me on it if you see where I fall short...But please be kind. ;)

And as for our adventures? I promised to tell you about them. So stay tuned for tomorrow.

No comments: