Tuesday, May 13, 2008

To Houston, to Houston...

Last weekend on the spur of the moment, Murv decided to take me to Houston as my first mothers day gift--to see my long time friend Merri Lyn. Merri Lyn is a golf coach and one of her players made it into the NCAA tournament. Since she lives in PA I don't get to see her much and since the two days preceeding the trip the temperature was 99 and then 100... I was pretty excited for a little escape! It was so fun to be spontaneous and "run away." We stayed in Merri Lyn's hotel room with her right in the middle of downtown Houston. We were very lucky because we arrived in Houston just after midnight on Saturday and it just so happens that the only time parking is free in Houston is on Sunday! So we got a good safe spot pretty close to the Hotel and ddin't have to pay $25.00 for hotel parking. Sunday we got to watch Merri Lyn's player (cute girl from Peru that was very confused about why Murv was wearing boots with shorts at the golf course :))practice for the tournament at a really pretty golf course. We had a lot of fun tooling around on Merri Lyn's official Cal U coach golf cart-- we saw beautiful wildflowers, ducks, turtles sunning themselves, all kinds of beautiful old trees, and free cold water at every hole. The course was so pretty and there was a nice breeze and we really had a great time messing around and laughing like kids again!
We also found an amazing art studio that we checked out. I took some pictures of this rusted sculpture of a man playing the upright bass-- he was padlocked to the back gate at this amazing studio. Its actually a studio and residence of the artist-- at the same time-- so cool.
Anyway I was definitley ready to get out of the big city but it was a great little weekend adventure.

Leaving Wimberley-- ahh so pretty...





2 comments:

Matt said...

Hey Rebecca,
Thanks for saying hi on my blog, It was good to hear from you. Congratulations on having a baby on the way. Its challenging, but the greatest thing ever. I'm glad things are going well. Keep in touch.

parker said...

I guys. I think the duck kind of looks like murv